The Fresno Fire Department extinguished a fire burning motor homes Wednesday afternoon at 2233 W. Olive Ave. in west Fresno that caused an estimated $30,000 in damage.
The fire began when a frayed electrical cord came into contact with a mattress outside of a motor home. The fire quickly spread to an adjacent motor home, but firefighters were able to keep the blaze from spreading to neighboring homes.
An occupant of one of the motor homes attempted to pull a mattress from the blaze and sustained minor burns in the process. The victim was treated and released on scene.
Nobody was seriously injured in the blaze, but department spokesman Koby Johns called the two motor homes "a total loss."
The reporter can be reached at (559) 441-6330 or email@example.com.