A welding accident caused a house fire in Visalia on Tuesday while repairs were being made to an air conditioner, the Visalia Fire Department said.
Firefighters were sent to the home on the 2400 block of Sedona Avenue in north Visalia about 4:30 p.m.
Firefighters ripped out some ceiling to get at smoke coming out of attic vents on the second story and the fire was contained within five minutes.
There were no injuries. The fire caused about $60,000 in damages to the house, and about $2,000 in damages to items inside, firefighters said.
The reporter can be reached at (559) 441-6386, email@example.com or @CarmenGeorge on Twitter.