Welding accident damages Visalia home

The Fresno BeeApril 16, 2014 

A welding accident caused a house fire in Visalia on Tuesday while repairs were being made to an air conditioner, the Visalia Fire Department said.

Firefighters were sent to the home on the 2400 block of Sedona Avenue in north Visalia about 4:30 p.m.

Firefighters ripped out some ceiling to get at smoke coming out of attic vents on the second story and the fire was contained within five minutes.

There were no injuries. The fire caused about $60,000 in damages to the house, and about $2,000 in damages to items inside, firefighters said.

The reporter can be reached at (559) 441-6386, cgeorge@fresnobee.com or @CarmenGeorge on Twitter.

The Fresno Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service