1 hurt in east-central Fresno house fire

The Fresno BeeMarch 30, 2014 

One man was slightly injured in a residential fire Sunday afternoon in east-central Fresno.

Fresno firefighters said the home's occupant was assessed for smoke inhalation at the scene but refused treatment.

Firefighters said they responded to a call of smoke coming from the attic at the home in the 4700 block of East Normal Avenue. The fire was contained within eight minutes and under control with 10 minutes, said Keola J. Park, a fire specialist with the Fresno Fire Department.

The fire started in the kitchen area and was caused by cooking oil on a stove, Park said. The fire spread to the attic, he said.

The reporter can be reached at (559) 441-6310, banderson@fresnobee.com or @beehealthwriter on Twitter.

The Fresno Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service