Fresno house fire blamed on faulty electrical outlet

The Fresno BeeMarch 23, 2014 

A faulty electrical outlet sparked a house fire in southwest Fresno on Sunday, Fresno Fire spokesman Keola Park said.

Fire officials were dispatched to the 2400 block of South Lotus Avenue about 8:17 p.m. and were able to put the fire out within minutes, Park said.

No one was hurt, but two residents were displaced. The American Red Cross was helping them find a place to stay, Park said.

No damage estimate was available Sunday night, Park said.

The reporter can be reached at (559) 441-6015 or asasaki@fresnobee.com.

The Fresno Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service