Overheated exhaust fan in Visalia home sparks fire call

March 15, 2014 

An overheated exhaust fan caused $5,000 in damage to a home in the 500 block of North Cottonwood Court in Visalia on Friday morning, the Visalia Fire Department reported.

Two fire crews went inside and found the hall bathroom exhaust fan charred and still glowing due to being overheated. The electricity to the house was secured and the exhaust fan was removed while also finding the insulation burning around it.

Visit fresnobee.com throughout the day for breaking news and updates.

The Fresno Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service