Fire at Visalia duplex causes $30,000 in damage

The Fresno BeeMarch 2, 2014 

Improperly discarded smoke materials sparked a fire Sunday morning in a single-story duplex in Visalia, Battalion Chief Darrin Hughes said.

Hughes said firefighters went to the 500 block of West Noble Avenue about 6:37 a.m. A woman had been sleeping inside the duplex, but she made it outside before firefighters arrived.

Hughes said she was taken to Kaweah Delta Medical Center where she was treated for possible smoke inhalation.

The fire was put out within 10 minutes and was contained to one unit. Damage to the duplex was estimated about $30,000, Hughes said.

The reporter can be reached at (559) 441-6015 or asasaki@fresnobee.com.

The Fresno Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service