The man killed in a house fire Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2014, in the Easton area of Fresno County has been identified as Douglas Coolidge, 69, of Fresno, the Fresno County Coroner's Office said Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2014.
Capt. Ryan Michaels, spokesman for the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, said Wednesday the fire was caused by an electrical issue related to a floor space heater. The heater ignited clothes and other materials in front of it.
Michaels said fire crews received a call at 12:40 p.m. Tuesday about a house fire near the intersection of Adams and West avenues.
When firefighters arrived they found heavy smoke flowing out of multiple windows and fire coming from the back of the house, Michaels said.
Coolidge was found in the back bedroom of the single-story home, which sustained significant damage. Two animals also were killed in the fire, Michaels said.
Visit fresnobee.com throughout the day for breaking news and updates.