• Washington, plowing toward a Central Section top seed in Division IV for the second straight year, improved to 16-4 overall and 3-0 in the North Sequoia League by routing Yosemite 82-30 as Isaac Sears (12 points, 10 rebounds, 10 steals, nine assists) missed a quadruple-double by one assist. Shakor Major and William Blue each scored 20 points for the Panthers.
• Michelle Brown scored 14 points as Hoover remained unbeaten in the North Yosemite League while pointing to a home showdown Friday against Fresno with a 50-39 win over Reedley. Pirates freshman Michelle Silva, however, was quite the story: She contributed to Reedley's 4-1 soccer win over Sunnyside before changing uniforms and zipping to the basketball game, where she delivered 15 points, four rebounds, three assists and two steals. Fresno stayed tied with Hoover at 3-0 with a 49-26 win over McLane as Dez Harding played half the game and scored 12 points.
• Selena Canales, a day after receiving a medical release following knee surgery, scored all 10 of her points in the second half as Madera South pulled away for a 52-44 County/Metro Athletic Conference win over Memorial. Bullard improved to 3-0 in the league by defeating Sanger 64-48 behind Julia Cuellar's 15 points.
• Janice Coley scored in the second half as No. 1 Clovis North improved to 13-2-1 overall and 5-0 in the TRAC with a 1-0 win over defending D-I champion and No. 3 Buchanan.
• Sophomore Juliet Trembley scored at the 60th minute on a hip-high crossing pass from Kylee Strausser as No. 4 Bullard marched toward a ninth straight County/Metro Athletic Conference title with a 1-0 win over Edison. Goalie Sydney Castonguay had 12 saves for the Knights, who are 5-0 with a two-game lead over Edison at the halfway point of the league. Bullard is 43-2 in the CMAC with four titles under fifth-year coach Onesta Francis.
• Hoover is still unbeaten in the North Yosemite League with a 2-0 win over McLane behind goals by Cristina Cruz and Crystal Rios.
Coaches: Report scores, highlights at (559) 441-6379 or email@example.com.