Seven people injured Friday night by a fire caused by a marijuana operation in central Fresno are in stable condition with mild to moderate burns to their arms, faces and legs, said Keola Park, spokesman for the Fresno Fire Department.
The fire, which began about 5 p.m. at Casa Blanca Apartments, 3025 E. Gettysburg Ave., was caused by a butane honey oil extraction, a process of extracting the concentrated liquid essence of marijuana.
"Within the last few years across America, butane honey oil extract, also known as BHO, has become very popular," Park said, "and within recent months, the Fresno Fire Department has responded to numerous BHO caused fires and explosions."
Firefighters were on scene within four minutes, and the fire -- contained to a patio -- was under control within seven minutes, Park said. Fresno police were also on scene to assist.
Visit fresnobee.com throughout the day for breaking news and updates.