Seven people were injured Friday evening in a central Fresno fire started by honey oil extract production, Fresno Fire Department officials said.
The fire began about 5 p.m. at the Casa Blanca Apartments, 3025 E. Gettysburg Ave.
Firefighters arrived and were able to put out the fire in seven minutes.
The fire reportedly started in a patio area, said Fresno Fire spokesperson Keola Park.
All seven burn victims were taken to Community Regional Medical Center in Fresno.
Butane honey oil extraction -- used to extract the concentrated liquid essence of marijuana -- has become popular in recent months, and the Fresno Fire Department has responded to numerous fires and explosions similar to this one, Park said.
The reporter can be reached at (559) 441-6679 or firstname.lastname@example.org.