Orange Cove home destroyed in fire

The Fresno BeeDecember 30, 2013 

An Orange Cove home was lost to a fire that began early Monday morning, Orange Cove Fire Chief Ralph Michaels said.

The fire started about 3:30 a.m. at 334 11th St. When firefighters showed up, flames were coming out of every door and window, Michaels said.

Three men rented the house. One man was having problems with a heater in the back bedroom of the house and left the heater on. Michaels said though that is not officially the cause of the fire, it is likely because that room is where the fire originated.

There were no smoke detectors in the house to alert the men, but one man woke up from the noise and saw the fire. They were all able to get out of the house without injury.

The house was made of cinder block, which was covered by wallboard. Michaels said it held the heat of the fire in. The house was a complete loss.

The three men are currently staying with friends and family in Orange Cove.

The reporter can be reached at (559) 441-6679 or bvaccari@fresnobee.com

The Fresno Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service