A house fire in southeast Fresno Wednesday afternoon displaced two children and two adults and caused an estimated $80,000 in damages, said Koby Johns, spokesman for the Fresno Fire Department.
The fire, caused by food left on a hot stove, was reported around 12:50 p.m. at 2325 S. Jackson Ave., Johns said.
One firefighter was injured when a portion ceiling drywall collapsed onto his head. He was treated for minor neck pain and is expected to remain on-duty, Johns said.
The first engine arrived at Tuesday's fire within three minutes, and reported lots of flames on the roof and heavy smoke coming out of the house, Johns said. No one was home at the time of the fire, but one pit bull puppy was rescued.
Check fresnobee.com for breaking news.