Cleaning products and rags in the garage of a southeast Fresno home sparked a house fire Thursday morning that caused an estimated $15,000 in damages.
The home owner reported hearing "popping" noises after the cleaning products and rags spontaneously caught fire, said Koby Johns, spokesman for the Fresno Fire Department.
The fire was reported about 10:45 a.m. at 5162 E. Huntington Blvd.; 15 firefighters brought the blaze under control within 10 minutes, Johns said.
No one was injured, and the residents will not be displaced from their home, he said.
Reach the reporter at (559) 441-6386 or firstname.lastname@example.org.