A 23-year-old Los Banos man has been arrested in connection with the hit-and-run death of an Army Reservist, police said.
Jesse Ryan Fuentes was arrested at his home Wednesday on suspicion of felony hit and run and driving with a suspended license. Fuentes is accused of killing Fernando Buenrostro Jr., 18, in a hit-and-run crash near Cardinal Street and Fairmont Drive in Los Banos at 7:41 p.m. Saturday.
Los Banos police Cmdr. Ray Reyna Jr. said when authorities arrived at the crash scene they found Buenrostro lying on the ground with major head injuries. He had been hit by a truck while driving a motorized scooter, police said.
Buenrostro was airlifted to Doctor's Medical Center in Modesto. He died the next morning.


