A girl suffered minor smoke inhalation after fire broke out Wednesday afternoon in the kitchen of a central Fresno apartment.
The girl was treated and released after inhaling toxic smoke while leaving the apartment at 4476 N. Sharon Ave., a Fire Department spokesman said. A smoke alarm alerted the girl about the fire.
The fire, limited to one apartment, displaced one adult and three children. No one else was injured.
An electrical malfunction in a freezer is believed to have caused the fire, the spokesman said.
Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire, which caused about $5,000 in damages.