- Senior Kaylor Kovacevich, in what likely was her final homecourt appearance, made 11 of 11 free throws, scored 21 points and powered sixth-seeded Bullard to a 62-45 win over No. 11 Clovis East in a Central Section first-round Division I playoff game. Kovacevich made all six of her free throws while scoring 10 points in the first quarter as the Knights bolted to a 24-6 lead over the 2011 D-I runner-up. Bullard will play Friday in the quarterfinals at No. 3 Edison, which has beaten the Knights in 2 of 3 games this season.
- Ninth-seeded Central needed all of Tiana Maxwell's 30 points to outlast No. 8 Centennial 54-50 and earn a D-I date at No. 1 Stockdale. Also, Samantha Earle hit four 3-pointers and scored 20 points to power No. 7 Clovis to a 50-41 D-I victory against No. 10 Liberty-Bakersfield and a second-round matchup at No. 2 Hanford.
- No. 9 Madera knocked off No. 8 Yosemite 57-47 in D-II behind Jenny Gallegoes' 14 points, and 12 apiece from Shellie Perkins and Bria Fernandes. That earned the Coyotes a quarterfinal visit to defending champion and No. 1 Monache.
- Cassidee Angangan hit two free throws in the final seconds, finishing with 22 points while preserving No. 10 Dinuba's 60-57 upset of No. 7 Hoover in D-III. Miyah Rollins had 18 points, 10 steals and six assists for the Patriots, the unbeaten North Yosemite League champions.
- Destiny Garcia scored 16 points and Christina Castro and Alexis Gutierrez 14 apiece as No. 4 Lindsay beat No. 13 Washington 67-35 in a D-IV first-round game. In other games, No. 2 Memorial's Sara Vasquez had 16 points in a 65-21 win against No. 15 Sierra Pacific, and No. 10 Fowler got 13 points from Alex Flores to drop No. 7 Chowchilla 41-29.
- Ney Aguila scored six of her 17 points and Jackie Robles added five of her 13 in the fourth quarter as No. 3 Parlier forged a 19-9 rally to escape with a 47-41 win over McFarland in D-IV. The Redcats, in a school-record 23-win season, will remain at home Friday to play No. 6 Strathmore in the quarters. Also, No. 3 Parlier advanced with a 47-41 victory over No. 14 McFarland, as Ney Aguila scored 17 points. Ashley Escobedo's 11 points led a balanced attack for No. 8 Mendota in a 52-44 win against No. 9 Caruthers.
- Seventh-inning dramatics in the Coca-Cola Classic had Daniel Gardner score on a walk-off wild pitch in Clovis North's 2-1 win over Madera and Blake Honley's two-strike, two-out grand slam lift Redwood past Western 7-3. Cole Compton gave up four hits in five innings for Redwood. And, atop the section rankings, No. 1 Clovis West had Tyler Ferguson strike out eight in five innings and Ryan Clark homer with the bases loaded -- only to pass a teammate on the basepaths and get credited with a three-run shot -- in the Golden Eagles' 17-3 rout of El Diamante. Taylor Wipfler pitched four hitless innings in No. 2 Clovis' 4-0 win over Golden West.
- Olivia Garcia threw a one-hitter with 11 strikeouts and Monica Ornelas drove in three runs to lift Fresno to a 22-0 nonleague victory against Fresno Christian.